Sunday, June 16, 2013

Glittering Mermaid

I have really been inspired this weekend.
I saw the Sweet Stop Sketch and just had to make it.
 
I wasn't sure how exactly I wanted to make it, until I saw
the All That Scraps challenge for this week. 
The ATS challenge this week is features Glitter.
I had a Sweet November mermaid stamp that I thought
would be perfect for this card.
And the glitter would look great on a mermaid.
I used blue and green glitter for the mermaid.
 
I used a Martha Stewart beach scene punch.
I used clear glitter for sand on the sandcastles.
I also added a few pearls on the sand.
Pearls and mermaids just seem to go hand in hand.
 
I found the perfect paper from Imaginisce.
 
 
 
The biggest problem I had, was I couldn't decide on where to put "Sebastian".
So, I tried him out a couple of different places.
 

I'm not sure which way I like better.

 
I added pop dots on the banner, and on the oval the mermaid is on,
 to make the card 3 different layers.
 
I would like to enter this card into these challenges:
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Superb card, so lovely image !Thanks for our participation at the Paper Creator challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, really sweet image and super sparkly, thanks for playing along at Paper Creator, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this glittery mermaid, and the cute card design. Thanks for playing with us over at ATS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a super cute card Holly. The little mermaid is so sweet. Love the touch of sparkles. Pretty papers too. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sparkley! Sebastian is perfect in both spots. Thanks for sharing on The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge With A Spin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute glittery underwater scene card. Thanks for joining us over at The Sweet Stop this week!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, love that image, great work, thank you for sharing with us at Glitter N Sparkle this week, good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, Cute Cute! Thanks for playing with us at Mema's Crafts and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. Love the sparkle around the image. Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our new challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

    ReplyDelete