Friday, March 15, 2013

For the Happy Couple

 
Happy Weekend! This is Barb, and I wanted to share this exposion box that I just made.  I made this for a wedding present and I think it turned out pretty good.
 
I used the DCWV Linen stack, some fabric flowers, and some some satin ribbon trimmed in pearls.
I also added a pretty silver butterfly charm to the top for a little something extra.
(Truthfully, this picture doesn't do the box justice.)
 
 
 
 
The great thing about the explosion boxes, is they look so pretty on the outside, and then you open them up, and WOW!
 
 
 
 
I used some white glitter paper for the dress bodice and white paper for the skirt.  After I cut the skirt out, I ran it through my emobssing machine for some added texture. 
 
 


I used a Martha Stewart punch for the leaf cutout on the first pocket layer.
I used a scalloped circle punch for the second pocket layer. I only punched out half the circle and then I added a small flower for decoration.
 
 
 


 

On the third pocket layer, I folded the paper over at a diagonal angle, and then added a beaded flower.
 
Then I added a note card in each card and put Bible verses, and personal notes on each card.
 
This was my first explosion box, and now I can't wait to start on the next one!



No comments:

Post a Comment