Sunday, February 21, 2016

Mermaids are Magical

Good Sunday Morning!!
I hope everyone is having a glorious Sunday today.
The good Lord above has blessed us with some beautiful February weather,
and I am absolutely loving it!!
 
Today I get to share my latest Lacy Sunshine Design Team project
using a super cute Lacy Sunshine mermaid image called Oceana & Nigel.
 
 
I colored her with my Copic markers.
The background is done with Twinkling H2O paints.
(I have added directions below)
I also added some glitter in the water, and some Liquid Pearls
for my clouds and my pearls.
I used some pretty fibers for my ocean surface and added some sea shells.
I used a Martha Stewart lace punch on the bottom of my tag.
 
 

 
Twinkling H2O Tutorial
 
If you haven't used Twinkling H2O paints before, they are super easy to use.
They are little pots of dried out paint you just add a little water to.
 
You need a paint brush, a little glass of water, and your paints.
Wet your brush and rub around on the dried paints.
Do this a couple of times to get the paint wet.
You don't need to actually pour water in, this wetting it will be plenty.
And you can repeat as often as necessary.
 
After your paint is wet, simply brush it onto your tag, or paper.
I used different blues and purples for my water depths.
When I added my next color, I went over the edges of the last color
to blend them together.

 These are the Twinkling H2O colors I used for my water.
I used the lightest blue for my sky as well.
(for my clouds, I used Liquid Pears and just smeared a little on the tag)
 
After I used the Twinkling H2O's, and let them dry, I sprayed
some Tattered Angels Glitter Mist Spray - Dazzling Diamonds- to
create a more watercolor blended look than I had.
You can also use Lacy Sunshine sprays for this as well.
 
I hope that you will check out the other wonderful projects created
by my terrifically talented Design Teammates.
And maybe you might feel inspired to enter our challenge on the


2 comments:

  1. Stunning your tag is amazing. Beautiful coloring.
    Caroline senior ct

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning your tag is amazing. Beautiful coloring.
    Caroline senior ct

    ReplyDelete