Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Sassy 15!

Happy Friday!!
I am ready for the weekend and more crafting!
 
As you can probably tell from my previous posts, I have
become completely enamored with the Sassy Studio Design stamps.
They are just so adorable, and well. . .SASSY!
 
I had a great idea to make a wedding shower card for an upcoming
wedding shower I am going to be attending.
But after I started I making the card, I changed my mind from
making a nice demure wedding shower card to a nice demure birthday card.
But every time I came up with an idea for the card, I kept changing my mind.
I ended up making a birthday card for my soon to be 15 year old daughter.
 
I originally wanted to use pink & white, but I ended up with bright pink & black.
I decided I wanted to use the Boom Box Sassy, because my daughter loves music.  She's a dancer and is always listening to music!
 
I wanted to something different than I usually do,
and I think I accomplished that.
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
For the inside I used the sketch from over at the Sweet Stop Challenge Blog.
 
I took my black ink pad and roughly inked around the edges.
I wanted to make it look a little Urbany (is that even a word?!)
 
I used a stencil to do the writing because my writing is not that great.
I cut out music notes out of black glitter paper (was there any doubt?)
The "15" is cut out of DCWV pink glitter paper using my Tim Holtz numbers.
I added a little bling on the BOOM BOOM BOOM page. Naturally.
 
I wasn't sure how I was going to color the pants until I saw Sassy Studio's
Dare To Be Sassy Thursday challenge - Use Kraft paper somewhere.
Perfect! That was exactly what I needed for the pants!
 
I want to enter this into the following challenges:
Sassy Studio Designs - Use Kraft paper
Corrosive Challenge Blog - It's Only a Number
One Crazy Stamper - Birthday
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
 
If you haven't checked out these blogs, you really should. They are excellent!
By the way, Corrosive Challenge is having a great blog hop.
It's about to end, so be sure to check it out soon!
 

2 comments:

  1. Now this is a rockin' card for a young lady turning 15. Style, Music, Bling, what else could a 15 year old want in a B'day card! I am sure your daughter will treasure this! Thanks for dropping this off by our house at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card! Love the shaped edges, the bling, and the sparkle! The inside is fabulous too! Thanks again for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete