Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pocahontas

I have been up late scrapbooking and making new projects.
My husband is out fishing and my daughter is at a sleepover.
So I have been doing some scrapbooking and paper crafts
 that I have been wanting to do.
 
As I am sure everyone knows by now, I have fallen for the Sassy Studio Designs.  They are absolutely fantastic.
So, I couldn't resist their newest challenge. . . a bookmark, or something with your favorite character, or book.
Two of my favorite things, scrapbooking and reading.
I do love my a good mystery.
However, I decided to make this bookmark for my God-daughter.
She loves the Disney books, and Pocahontas is one of her favorites.
 
 
I started out with just a plain bookmark.
Next I took 3 different shades of green inkpads and lightly covered the page.
Then I used my daughter's Twinkling H20's.  These are wonderful paints to work with.  They add a nice shimmering color to your project. And as a bonus, they are so easy to use.  Just add a little water and your ready to go.  It takes very little water.  These paints last a long time.  They are great.
For the tree, I used 3 different colors of my brown Copic markers.
 
And of course the highlight of my bookmark is Pocahontas.
 
I am entering this into the Sassy Studio Designs challenge.
 

1 comment:

  1. What a great card, I love the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at SSD this week for "Summer reading."

    Karal SSD DT
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner
    PS It is so much easier to comment if you turn off word verication.

    ReplyDelete