Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pirates & Treasure!

I don't know if you all know this or not, but today
was "Talk Like A Pirate Day."  No I'm not joking.  How funny is that?
 
Over at Sassy Studio Designs blog they are having a cool new challenge this week.  Yep, you guess it. . . PIRATES!
Ok, I have had this cute little Pirate/Masquerade stamp from Sassy Studio Designs for a while, and I haven't really gotten to use it much.
 
 
I just love this Sassy Studio digi stamp! She's just so SASSY!!
 
For this card I made a template to make the treasure chest with. Then I colored the edges with some warm gray Copic markers to add a little shading to the Authentique paper that I chose.
 
I used a digital stamp to make the map. Then I got a little creative.
To make the map look worn, I tore it a little, then I colored it to age it.
After that, I took a finger nail file to the edges to rough it up a little.
Next I wet it, crumpled it up, then unrolled it to dry.
I added a few gold "coins", some pearls, and some rubies.  Because every treasure chest needs, well, treasure.
 
I have really enjoyed making this card. It was soooo much fun!
 
I want to enter this into the Sassy Studio Designs challenge this week - Pirates.
 
I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:
4 Krafty Girlz Challenges - Anything Goes
Paper Pretties Challenge Blog - School Colors (and I got to use the mascot too!)
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge Blog - Maiden, Mother, Crone
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Holly, what an awesome creation! I love everything about it. What a great idea to make a treasure chest. Love, love, love it! Thanks for joining us for the Sassy Studio Designs DTBST challenge this week and good luck.

    -Lori SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card and so beautifully colored and finished. Love the pearls too. Thanks for joining us this week for "Ahoy Matey."

    Karal SSD DT
    My Blog: Karals Creative Corner
    You really should turn off the word verification

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creation! I love the treasure chest! You did an amazing job on it! The gold coins and pearls are so fun! Thanks for joining us at The CCorrosive Challenge!
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous creation...thanks for playing with Divas by Design!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card. Thank you for sharing this with us at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card....thanks so much for joining us over at 4 Krafty Girlz!
    Hugs Donna DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete