Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Elegant Wedding Card

Hey everybody!  Hope you're having a fantastic week so far. 
 
 I have this wedding card that I am really excited to share with you.  We have a very special friend that is getting married this year, and I wanted to make something special for her.  Something simple, but elegant.  I hope I pulled that off.  Let me know what you think.

 
I used a lovely brown paper My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found Blush stack).
I added some beautiful Burgundy Satin Ribbon and a white fabric rose.
I used some music note tape that I found at Michael's.
And Glitter.  Lots of Glitter.  Of course.
I used a Stamping Bella Uptown Girls Stamp called Brigitte.
 
I took a white piece of cardstock, cut it like a tag, and some sky blue ink.  I applied the ink carefully to the tag to completely cover it.  You have to be careful not to put too much pressure on the ink pad or you will leave lines in the coloring.  It adds a nice soft look for the background.
 
I used a glue pen to color in the wedding dress and then added the white glitter.  I added a little bit of glitter to the bouquet, and some silver glitter for the headpiece.
 
I would like to enter this into the Sweet Stop Challenge this week.
I think they have some awesome sketches!
 
 
And
Card Makin Mama's - Ribbon Challenge
 Catered Crop - Glitter Challenge

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely and elegant wedding card. I like the glittery dress. Thanks for joining us for The Sweet Stop Sketch challenge this week.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card Lena and lovely colours.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. she will love it. I like the blue behind the image, a beautiful card.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete