Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sunshine Flower Birthday Card

Happy Tuesday everybody! I wanted to share a very springy birthday card that I created this week.  Since the weather has recently turned warmer (at least for a short time), I wanted to make something cheerful. 

 
 
 
  
I used DCWV Sweet Blossoms paper stack.
I used a Martha Stewart punch on the edge of the Sentiment and added a
pretty little piece of ribbon with some pearls on it.
 
I found this great tutorial on Pinterest on how to make these cut tissue flowers.
All you have to do is use your scalloped punch and punch about 10 scalloped circles.
Next make a small hole in the middle of the flower, then add a pretty brad to hold it all together.
Last, just fluff a little and maybe add a few wrinkles for a more realistic effect.
Sooo easy, but sooo cute!
You can even add another color of tissue paper and maybe use a smaller scalloped circle to add some color and a little more dimension.
I just love these! 
 So many ideas for their use that I can't wait to try.
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
April Card Challenge
 
Spring Has Sprung
 
Anything Goes
 
 
April Showers Bring May Flowers Challenge
 
Easter or Easter Colors Challenge
 
Happy Birthday Challenge
 
Summer Blooms
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Your card is very cheery and reminds me of Spring. Love the flower and I am going to try that technique myself. Thanks for taking time to stop by Mema's Crafts and playing with us. We love company so come back soon.

    Hugs
    Lesia
    If you haven't already entered, make sure you return to enter the blog giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, thank you for sharing at The Paper Nest Dolls.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I want to make some tissue paper flowers now! Your card is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a flower addict so I love the beautiful yellow flower on that card it's the first thing my eyes were drawn to. Thanks for entering The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge! ~Kelly Walkelmol

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a pretty yellow flower, thanks for linking with the Paper Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely spring card! Thank you so much for joining us at Dream Valley this time, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy available if you would like to pop by and enter :-) http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/new-candy.html

    ReplyDelete