Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Glittering 20's

Good Saturday Morning everyone!
It is super cold outside, so a perfect day for crafting inside.
Of course any day is a great day for crafting!
 
I found this adorable image on the Lacy Sunshine website that I
just had to have.  She's called 1920's Curly Sue's.
I just couldn't wait to make something with her.
 


 
 
 

I used some fabulous DCWV paper from the All Dressed Up stack.
Black and silver with glitter.  Perfect!
 
I added some pretty white venetian lace that I used a stamp pad to color silver.
Then I added some silver glittery ribbon on top of it.
I had to add a pretty silvery gray flower and some crystals
for a nice romantic look.
 
I added some chunky silver glitter for the big silver parts on the dress,
and some fine silver glitter for the small silver dots on the dress and hat.
I also added a little silver glitter around the brooch on her hat.
I added white glitter on the white areas on her dress.
 
If you seen my projects before, you know I love glitter and sparkle!
 
To top it all off, I added some fabulous fibers and ribbons.
Some with sparkle and some without.
 
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Milk Coffee Challenges - Monochromatic
Paper Pretties - Monochromatic
Sassy Studio Designs - Shabby Chic or Vintage
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Flowers, Flowers, Flowers
ABC Challenge - D is for Dazzle
(Lace/Ribbon, Free, Fussy Cutting, Bling)
 



Lacy Sunshine Challenge - Bingo
(Flower, Glitter, Ribbon)



15 comments:

  1. So gorgeous and Roaring Twenties!! Love it! Thanks for joining us at DTBST!
    Hugs, Adina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so sparkly and...well stunning! So glad you were inspired by our Sparkle challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs, Debbie DT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! She`s sassy, classy and such a retro cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is simply stunning! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful tag,lovely image to...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag! Lots of sparkle and bling! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    Nance, Dt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, love the black, white and silver. And all the glitter. I like how you colored the lace. Thanx for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs this week.
      the little SSD brother

      Delete
  7. Oh this is just FABULOUS Holly!!! Your colouring is FANTASTIC and I just LOVE all that glitter!!! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Monochromatic!!! Good luck to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was totally dazzled by your card. It is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at THE ABC CHALLENGE! Good luck and please share your lovely work with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect image to go with your tag background! Love the added lace! Thank you for joining us for our DTBST challenge this week at Sassy Studio Designs! HUGS

    Kim
    SSD DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very retro and lots of glamour. Love the lace and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Mema's Crafts this month. Hope to see you in more of our monthly challenges. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, love your color choices. Thanks for joining at Lacy Sunshine: Anything Goes
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning tag Holly..gorgeous colouring and sparkle...beautiful..
    Thanks for joining in with us at Lacy Sunshine this week..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab tag. I love the way you have highlighted her gorgeous curls x Thanks for joining us over at MilkCoffee Challenge x
    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! Love this a lot! Thank you for playing along at Milk Coffee this challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete